A Week with Kenn 64

3:49 PM

Image from Danbooru

I think this is one of the first times it's actually been a week since the last ones.


Breakfast from early last week. It's sticky rice. They're good, but there are a few things that I don't like about them. First, there's always a chunk of fat sitting in the middle. It's really unpleasant in the mouth, and it's a far cry from healthy, not that these things were supposed to be healthy. Secondly, they're really dry. I realize that you normally have tea or something to drink with it, but without a drink, this thing doesn't go down well.

Lunch from early this week. I typically wake up at around 10-11 am, so my breakfast usually takes care of lunch too. I typically don't eat lunch all together, or have something small like this. It's a coffee, with a few different snacks. There's two 'dipits', cookies dipped in either a vanilla dip, or a chocolate dip, and a very dry coconut macaroon. 

Image by Murai Shinobu

Asked Keith to lend me his copy of Demon's Soul so that I could help out my cousin when he started playing. I made a new character to play on when my cousin did ask for help. Got bored though, and went back to playing the second play through on my temple knight. The second time around is much harder, and I'm a bit scared to go through some of the worlds. 

This is called 'xôi'. It's a kind of Vietnamese sticky rice. It's the glutinous rice, with mung beans and shredded coconut. We usually eat it with a mixture of sugar, salt and peanuts. Keeping it too long in the fridge really dries it out and it loses a good bit of the flavour.

We usually stick a banana leaf over top of the rice to keep it from drying out too fast. It'd probably work if the rice wasn't in a Styrofoam take-out box.
This was my breakfast from a few days ago. You often see these in anime by the name of '肉まん' (nikuman). My mom often picks these up from a Chinese bakery near the Richmond restaurant. Had a few of these, but I was hungry, so I only snapped one on the camera. ^^; Ate the others before I remembered to take a photo.

Lunch from a few days ago. I don't usually eat lunch so this was a bit different. Stir-fried noodles with tofu, and various vegetables. Also has barbeque and hot sauce mixed in. My mom fried these noddles, but they came out really dry. The barbeque suace was a nice touch, surprisingly. 

Dinner from yesterday. My brother has been out for the weekend. He's doing an Ultimate provincial tournament. My dad went running around the malls with my sister, and my mom had work. I usually make my own food, so this wasn't much different. A beef and vegetable stir fry with rice and two fried eggs. Ate while watching a program on Discovery about the physics of time travel. I remember reading about that topic in grade nine in a magazine I read a lot back then. Scientific American. Friends were surprised I read it. 

My dad often buys this kind of meat. It's siu yuk (燒肉). The skin is really nice and crunchy, but is terrible for your health. The copious amount of fat on the meat often deters me from eating it. You can usually ask he butcher to take off most of the fat, but I don't think my dad does that regularly

 Image from Danbooru

Been pretty bored lately. Too scared to play Demon's Soul, and I don't have the drive to start FFXIII or get through Resonance of Fate. I've been rewatching my favourite episodes of some older series though. The Hina-centric episodes of the second season of Hayate no Gotoku! were nice. How can you not like Hinagiku? Also rewatched Seitokai no Ichizon. Currently seeing how good my Japanese comprehension is by testing myself with the 5 character fandisks of Seitokai. 

I'll keep going with the Summer Anime Previews. There are still quite a few series I haven't gotten down yet. Looks like it'll be a rather interesting summer run ^^.

You Might Also Like

2 comments